Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bittersweet Summer Fun


This summer has been lots of fun for us and we have had opportunities to do lots of fun things with family and friends. We have gone up to our friends cabin in Heber a few times just to relax and last weekend were able to go to the Park City Arts Festival while we were up there. It was really fun to walk around and look at all of the fun stuff they had. I love, love, love the mountains and can't get enough of them. I made Eric drive down the Alpine Loop on our way home and just relaxed and looked at the beautiful scenery and roll down the windows and smell the yummy smells of the canyon in the summer. Mmmm...I love it!

A few weeks ago we went to Lake Powell and were fortunate enough to have Tom and Suzy let us stay with them on their houseboat for a few days and it was so much fun and so relaxing! They had wave runners and we did some cliff jumping (I know scary) Eric and I jumped off of about a 25-30 ft. cliff and brave Tatum jumped off of about a 10 ft. one! She also loved riding the wave runners and would do the gas by herself and didn't like to go under 40 mph. She was wild! There was lots of fun games at night...mafia, golf...etc, and laying out and reading and relaxing. It was such a nice time and we very much appreciated Tom and Suzy and their hospitality.

Last week we were able to go up and see Adam where he is staying and we all played kickball and ping pong. It was great! Even Dad was out there running around the bases and tagging everyone out :)

Last night we went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with everyone and it was lots of fun. I can't believe it is already the middle of August and our fun summer is coming to an end, Tatum will be starting 1st grade next week and going to school all day! So crazy how fast time flies... Here are a few photos from our fun times of this summer.

5 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Hayley! Cute pics! It's about time ya update! he he he just kidding! Lake Powell?? I'm SOOO jealous!
THat's fun you guys got to go "chill" with Adam! :) I miss you.. Let's hang out! You're SOO Tan!

stormi said...

I love your slide show! It has been a FUN summer all we need to go camping and that will top it off!

Suzy Hunter said...

Tears, actual tears rolling down my cheeks! I am so not ready to say goodbye to summer and ring the new school year in. I am going to throw myself on the ground and kick and scream until summer comes back! I wonder if it will work? What wonderful memories of a fun summer! We love you

The Leatherberry's said...

Hey Hayley! Just wanted to say hi and tell you how cute your blog is! Your family is so cute! You guys look like you have tons of fun. It was so fun to see you on here!

Candice

The Robinson's said...

hey! this is Britney (Smith) Robinson! it is crazy how you find people on these things! i didn't even know you were married! you look so happy!