Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yummy Recipe

I found this recipe on this blog awhile ago www.ohsheglows.com
has been my go to breakfast for awhile now. It's super filling and nutritious! Don't be scared away by the uncooked oatmeal. It is really Yummy, I promise. I've adjusted the recipe just a little from how she made it but you can't really go wrong by just using whatever fresh fruit you have. This is a recent favorite I came up with.



Tropical Overnight Oats w-Banana Soft Serve


The night before whisk together the following:
1/3 C instant oats
1 C milk (I use Vanilla Soy Milk)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 heaping Tbsp. Chia seeds (you can get these at health food store)
1/2 scoop protein powder (optional, I use either Vanilla or Chocolate)

Put in fridge overnight.

Next, the night before break up 2-3 bananas and put in freezer overnight.

.............

In the morning, place frozen bananas in food processer (or blender would work) and let them go until smooth and have the consistency of frozen yogurt (about 5 mins).
***You can also add lots of stuff in with the bananas depending on what you like, I've tried blueberries, strawberries, nut butter, cocoa powder***

Next is the fun part!

Get out your overnight oats and stir them up.
Then start layering!!
I start with the soft serve then put a layer of crushed up fresh pineapple then a layer of the oat mixture. Continue until glass is full then garnish with fresh pineapple and a sprinkle of coconut. YUM.

No comments: