So once again it has been way to long since I blogged.
Oh well. I have been a little busy.
I have lots to catch up on but I will start with the most exciting thing going on right now.
We are having a BABY! I'm sure most people already know this because of facebook, but I want to have it documented permanently on my blog as well.
It was a pretty nerve wracking first little while of my pregnancy because all I could do was wonder if I was going to lose this baby. If you didn't know, it was really hard for us to get pregnant in the first place. I have something called PCOS and basically don't ovulate on a regular basis. I tried Clomid once in October and actually did get pregnant but I miscarried at 7 weeks. It was rough. Then without any medicine or really trying I found out I was pregnant in March.
I think I am finally letting myself believe that it is for real this time and that we will actually have a baby. My official due date is 11/11/11. Pretty cool huh? Not likely at all that the baby will come on that day but I am really tempted to beg my doc to induce me that day.
I started getting sick around 7 weeks, so so nauseous night and day. Eating was a chore. I had to eat every 2 hours and that was just so I didn't puke. Finally I got on Zofran and it was a lifesaver. I still felt nauseous but I wasn't puking and it wasn't to the point that I couldn't function. I was still pretty useless around the house and exhausted everyday, but at least I could continue working.
I'm now 20 weeks and half way there! I started feeling a lot better and almost normal at about 18 weeks and quit my Zofran and have been great since then. Sleeping is basically tossing and turning and non-existent, but I have started to feel "butterfly tickles" on the inside of my belly and I LOVE IT! I am growing like crazy too. I feel like I am pretty big for how far along I am and am pretty scared of having a huge baby. Eric weighed ten pounds when he was born and I weighed close to 8 pounds so hopefully she's little when she comes out, then she can chunk up all she wants. I love me some chubby baby rolls. :)
Oh yeah did I mention we are having a GIRL! We went early and did the ultrasound at the mall. They said they can do it as early as 14 weeks and I didn't want to wait so we went in them and he said he is 200% sure it's a girl. I could tell from the picture as well that it was definitely a girl. There was a little crevice and everything even when she was that small. Tatum is ecstatic! She has wanted a little sister and her mom just had a little boy in February. She will be a good little helper and loves to mommy her little cousins already so it will be really fun!
I am so thankful to be pregnant and be experiencing all of these things I have just dreamed about and heard people complain about for years and years. I honestly never thought it would be my reality. I just had to learn some patience in the process and am glad I had to wait. I know I will love my little girl all that much more because of it.
2 comments:
I am so so so excited for you! I just wish it was November already :) You will be the cutest Mommy!
Congratulations again! You clearly already are a wonderful mother to Tatum so having a little girl of your very own will be a cherry on the cake! :) Good luck on your journey into motherhood & I'm here for any advice or venting if you need it.
Post a Comment