Friday, May 30, 2008

OptiCal iLLusion

So I've been procrastinating doing another post for awhile now...I thought I needed to wait for something monumental to happen in my life. But I figured my life really isn't that cool all the time so I have to write about something not so cool eventually. Right now we are the process of moving to a new house which is kinda fun and kinda stressful. We have been leasing a house in Saratoga Springs for the past year and our lease is up and I'm sick of living in China so decided we need to move a bit closer. We have some good friends that have a house in Lehi, and their renters happened to be moving out so it worked out perfectly that we are able to move in there. Tatum just graduated from Kindergarten yesterday so that's exciting! She is very excited to just stay at home with her mom this summer. While we are on that subject, I also have another funny story for you all...kinda random but I thought I'd share cuz it gave us a good laugh.

So as you all know, Eric was married before we got married. (Just a little side note; She is a really funny, nice girl with a great husband and we all get along great!) So she just met my brother Chris for the first time because Chris' wife Stormi watches Tatum for us after school during the week. So after she picked up Tatum, she called me and started telling me about how years ago (at least 10) she went to St. George for spring break and kissed this boy down there named Chris and that he looked just like my brother. So she started thinking more about it and started putting it all together... after they met in St. George she remembered coming up to AF and going on a date with this guy and hanging out at his house,(where I probably met her) then a few years ago she and her husband went and bought a car from Doug Smith, where he used to work, Chris happens to help them, and they were reminiscing about all of it. Come to find out I end up marrying her ex-husband, Eric! So I know pretty random story but I though it was pretty fun how small the world is.

Also, I got this really cool optical illusion email today and wanted to share with all of you... it wouldn't let me attache it as an image in here so i'll just post it on my page; it is really cool so you have to try it~!

5 comments:

Suzy Hunter said...

I love that picture. I have a copy of it if you would like it.
Isn't the universe so amazing, it is just like someone has a say over all of these "coincidences" hmmmm
You know Elder Bednar said: "there are no coincidences, only tender mercies from Heavenly Father." Isn't life amazing!

Ange said...

It sure is a small world... too bad I live on the OTHER SIDE of it right now! Make sure you send us your new address... and punch Eric for me... he never tells me anything! ;)

Jobi Niu said...

Hayley, that is CRAZY! What a small world.. we totally need to hang out before you move!! I love you.

Alyssa said...

That is a funny story. Stormi told me the other day. Your blog is really cute. I am just checking out Stormi's friends and family blogs. Alyssa ( Stormi's friend)

Peterson Family said...

Have I mentioned yet how adorable your blog is? I really need to do a little homework on how to make ours a bit snazzier. Love the story...it's a small world indeed.
-Chris