Sunday, July 6, 2008

I love the 4th of July!!!

It definitely is one of my favorite holidays...I think I love it so much because of fun family traditions! For as long as I can remember every July 4th we wake up bright and early (5 am) and go to the Balloon Rising in Provo. It is so much fun to go see all the balloons blow up and take off, then we head up to Rock Canyon park and have a breakfast picnic with everyone. Grandma brings bagels, Suzy does yummy breakfast casserole, and Chris does her delicious fruit salad. Then we all do ice blocking down the huge hills! It is so much fun and I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful immediate and extended family, that make it so fun to spend time together. I'm so lucky to have all of my family so close so we get to spend all of the holidays together and create memories. I love you all!! P.S. I would post pics but Emily forgot my camera, and believe it or not I have yet to break down and buy one. :)

2 comments:

Suzy Hunter said...

By far this is one of my favorite things about summer. Our whole family looks forward to this morning and talks about it all year long. I am so glad that everyone continues to allow our tradition to move forward. This will be the happy memories for all of us as time goes by.... I love our family

Emily Young said...

I forgot your camera huh?