Monday, January 5, 2009

'Tis the Season...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years! December flew by and I can't believe it is already over. We had such a fun Christmas Eve at my parents house and Greg and Grandma & Grandpa Bonnett came over and we had all the traditional yummy foods we make for our Christmas Eve party including my favorite, a Honeybaked Ham (thank you Stormi!). All of us girls got matching PJ's to wear. I was really happy to see Matt & Chelan too since I haven't seen them since last Christmas since they live down in St. George. The little kids put on a little Christmas entertainment for us and exchanged gifts with each other and it was a really fun night. We were missing Adam however which would have made our family complete that night :( We also had a really fun extended family Christmas party up at Chris & Dougs house and we had yummy lasagna & exchanged gifts and played games. This party is always one of the highlights of the holiday season for me and there are so many memories through the years of this fun party!
Me & my hubby

Matching PJ girls
Hayley,Grandma Bonnett,Emily
Chris & Kyler singing us a song
Addy performing
Uncle Greg, Kyler, & Zoe
Greg, Grandma B, & Mom
Grandma Bonnett & Addy singing
Dad, Addy, Chris, & Kyler
Grandpa & Addy
Grandma B and Addy

Addy, Kyler, Zoe, & Uncle Matt

Grandma & Grandpa England & Kyler, Gavin, & Addy



Christmas morning was really fun and we were able to have Tatum that morning! Her big gift she asked Santa for this year was an electronic keyboard. Christmas morning came and she was down to just a few little presents left and she looked up at us and her lip kind of quivered a little and she was like none of these look big enough to be a keyboard. She was down to her last gift and it had a note from Santa on it that said to go check in the guest bedroom. She went in there and there was her keyboard all wrapped up on the bed. She was very excited!! It was really fun. She has been getting really into playing the piano and has already mastered Mary Had a Little Lamb, Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, and it already making up her own little songs. I think she takes after her Dad a little bit with her interest in music, which I know Eric loves! I am going to try to give her a few lessons and we'll see how that goes since I've never actually taught anyone the piano.









After we did our own little Christmas morning we went over to my parents and my Dad made us his famous omelets...Yum! After going over to my parents we went over to Grandma & Grandpa Bonnett's and had more yummy food and opened presents there.Thank you to everyone who sent us gifts and especially my Daddy for all of my help on my car. He takes very good care of me and my sister. Love you Dad! Also, thank you to Suzy who helped me make holiday pillows once again. ( I think I may be able to do it on my own next year!) Thanks to everyone for the fun memories and the gifts and we are missing all of you who we didn't get to spend time with this holiday.







This past week on Wednesday night we headed down to Cedar City to spend New Years with Julie and Tyler and the kids. We had lots of fun and played games and went to a movie and bowling. We were also able to share Jason's baptism with him on Saturday evening. It was awesome and we are so proud of him! I didn't take any pictures while we were down there but I think Julie has some that I will have to steal from her blog when she posts them. Thanks for letting us stay! We love you guys!

One more thing...we also got the chance to go up and see the exhibit BODY WORLDS up in Salt Lake the day after Christmas. It was really, really amazing and I recommend it to everyone! Here are some more pics from sledding...(please ignore how horrible I look)





5 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

How fun!! It looks like you enjoyed the holidays! By the way.. you could never look horrible.. You are so gorgeous!

Jobi Niu said...

Cute post Hay! Um.. your hair with the braid in the side and curled all dark and beautiful.. LOVE IT! YOu look stunning! Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas, funny story about Tatum, I bet she just crapped when she saw that big ol keyboard, I love how you guys surprised her.

Tyler and Kilee said...

Hayla! Your little family is so cute! I think you will be a great piano teacher to Tatum! You were always better than me and could always play the songs with lots of sharps and flats that I couldn't! haha

thrasherfamily said...

So your family is so cute!! You look really happy, I love seeing what everyone is up to! Holidays are so much better with your own little family!

Meghan said...

Ya I have just been listening to them online too trying to see which ones are worth buying... I think Dierks is probably a must have. We definitely need to hang out soon. Maybe we could go to lunch next week? Let me know. I love you!