Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Here comes the Sun...

I am so happy that it is finally warm outside after a long winter. This post is a little belated, but there is nothing better than seeing the trees and flowers start to bloom and getting excited about the start of warm weather!

We have been making a weekly tradition of going on a hike somewhere new every Saturday. It has been really fun and feels good to get outside and be in nature. I love the smells of the mountains, how GREEN everything is right now, and exploring new places that I haven't ever seen even though I've lived here my whole life.

So I'm sorry if it gets boring and you don't have to read about it but I am going to start documenting the places we go this summer and posting lots of pics because I am a little obsessed with nature pictures. :)

This post will have lots of pics because it will include 2 of the hikes we did...a few weeks ago and last weeks.

A few weeks ago we decided to go hike that trail to Timpanogas Cave. Eric, and Adam K. have never been up there and it had been a long time since Adam E. and I had so we thought it would be fun. The trail is paved the entire way, but I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty tiring. It was up and up and up the whole way, it didn't really give you much a chance to rest. We got to the top and we went through the cave and I obviously didn't pay much attention when I went in Jr. High because I didn't remember how cool it was. If you haven't been up there or if it's been a long time I would recommend going. We got to see the fault line that runs through the top of it and lots of other cool stuff and these pictures don't really do it any justice. So just go see for yourself if you can.








Last weekend was my most favorite hike yet!! I was researching online a little about different hikes in Utah and found that there is one up above Sundance that goes up about 2 miles to a pretty cool waterfall. Lance & Zac (our nephews) were staying with us so we drug them along as well and hopefully they at least enjoyed it a little bit. :) It was a pretty easy hike and had a good balance of up and down hill areas so you had a chance to rest which made it more enjoyable. It was so green and the trail was covered on both sides with trees going over the top to shade it and lots of pretty wildflowers! We almost had some injuries when we decided to hike up closer and get on top of the waterfall and couldn't figure out how to get back down. After a few scrapes and hanging on for dear life to many tree branches we made it back in one piece. The water was freezing cold but we dared Adam to walk across it and splash his face and he did it so I had to get a picture of that too!



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing! Good for you guys and thanks for watching out for the boys. I think they enjoyed the trek too! I'm glad I didn't know about the almost injuries:)

Jobi Niu said...

AWESOME PICS HAY!! How fun I would love to go hiking. You're a hottie! I miss you.